About Stephen F. Krzyston
Steve joined Cavanaugh & Thickens in 2019. Originally from Orangeburg, Steve obtained degrees from the Trinity-Pawling School for Boys (Pawling, New York), the College of Charleston, and the Charleston School of Law.
Steve now lives in Columbia with his wife, Meredith Ann, and their growing family. When not in the office or with his family, Steve is likely to be found in the woods or marshes of southern Charleston County, where he enjoys hunting and fishing. In addition to his outdoor pursuits, Steve is an avid fan of the Gamecock Football and Basketball programs.
Though his practice centers on personal injury and civil rights matters, Steve continues to provide representation in select criminal matters which require seasoned litigation skills. Steve is also a lifetime member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a prestigious group of trial lawyers who have succeeded in reaching a settlement or verdict of at least one million dollars for their clients. Through his experience, Steve has gained a reputation for being an aggressive and capable lawyer.
- South Carolina – 2012
- United States District Court
- District of South Carolina – 2019
- College of Charleston – 2009
- Charleston School of Law, J.D. – 2012
Professional Associations & Memberships
- South Carolina Bar
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- South Carolina Association for Justice
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Associate Fellow – Litigation Counsel of America
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch – 2022-2024
- Legal Elite of the Midlands (Personal Injury – Plaintiff)