About Nicholas J. Skorzewski
Nick’s workers’ compensation practice focuses on advocating for his clients after they have been injured on the job. His passion for helping people navigate the workers’ compensation system comes primarily from two very different experiences. Prior to becoming an attorney, Nick worked on the assembly line as an employee at a large manufacturing plant in Greer, South Carolina. Then, following law school, he worked for a large, multi-state defense law firm where he represented employers and insurance carriers exclusively in workers’ compensation matters.
Nick’s experience gives him a unique perspective on the struggles of dealing with a work injury and is the foundation for his passion for helping injured employees. Nick has handled numerous workers’ compensation matters from the initial notice of injury up until settlement or trial. He now applies his experience gained from representing insurance companies in workers’ comp matters to help injured workers who are being treated unfairly by insurance carriers or employers and need help evaluating their options after an on-the-job injury.
Nick grew up in Simpsonville, South Carolina but has lived in the Midlands since attending the University of South Carolina for both undergraduate and law school. He currently lives with his wife in Lexington, South Carolina. When he isn’t practicing law, he enjoys coastal and inland fishing, shooting sporting clays, and watching South Carolina Gamecock athletics.
- South Carolina – 2016
- United States District Court
- District of South Carolina – 2016
- University of South Carolina
- B.S.B.A., Corporate Finance – 2013
- University of South Carolina School of Law
- J.D., cum laude – 2016
Professional Associations & Memberships
- South Carolina Bar
- Richland County Bar
- South Carolina Association for Justice
- Injured Workers’ Advocates
- Super Lawyers 2023 South Carolina Rising Stars List
- Legal Elite of the Midlands – 2020, 2021
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
- Workers’ Compensation Law, Claimants – 2023